Friday, July 22, 2011

DQS11 Progress

So I have made progress on my DQS11 doll quilt for my partner. My partner had put in their likes that they enjoyed 30's reproduction prints so that is what I picked out.

Here are the fabrics:
I thought that there were some really cute ones in there and at first I was afraid that they were not all working together but I felt that the border was going to be enough to pull it all together and I think I was right. Below is what it looks like all ready to be sewed together......

I really like how it is coming together. Now I just have to sew it up and I think I am going to do handstitching around some of the pinwheels and add some buttons for interest. We'll see how it goes!

You should check out the photostream, there are some amazing quilts popping up!