Monday, January 16, 2012

Mountain of scraps - well maybe only a foothill..............

So I get amazed when I am wondering around blogland and see the amazing fabric stashes that quilters have. I am amazed because I have never had a fabric stash. I can see the pluses of having a stash is that you can pretty much always start a project, you do not have to make that trip to the fabric store first. Also, that you buy that fabric that you just L-O-V-E, love because you can put it in your stash and admire it but I just really do not have the space for a stash. I usually choose a project and then purchase fabric for that specific project, about the only thing I have laying around is scraps, but those scraps are starting to be a problem!

And how do I solve my problem you ask, well I bring out my AccuQuilt GO! fabric cutter to my rescue! I had some pretty small scraps in my scrap bins and so decided to choose the smallest HST cutter that I had. This is the scraps that I started with:

and this is what I ended up with:
 a cozy, neat pile of HST's! This will be my first scrap quilt and boy is it going to be scrappy! One scrap bin down, 5 more to go.......